We love an easy recipe! This delicious Apple Tea Cake with Cinnamon Icing is a great recipe to make with your toddler. They’ll love mixing all the ingredients together. And the best part – it’s all in one bowl! No electric mixers or slowly pouring in ingredients or trying to hold them back so they don’t over mix.
It’s also a great cake to make if you need a last minute dessert when friends are coming over, or if you’re in a hurry. You’ll most likely have all the ingredients in the cupboard too. We often make it without the Cinnamon Icing and serve it with fresh cream instead. Enjoy!
- 150g melted butter
- 400g tin of pie apples or 2 cups of stewed apples
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven at 150 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl. Stir until well combined (let your toddler have fun mixing all the ingredients together – it won’t matter if they over mix).
- Pour mixture into a spring form tin (or line a tin with baking paper) and bake for 45 minutes at 150 degrees.
- After the cake has cooled put all the Cinnamon Icing ingredients in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan half-filled with boiling water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water) and stir until smooth and runny.
- Quickly spread the Cinnamon Icing all over the cake, and let it drip down the sides. We placed the cake on a cooling rack and put baking paper down on the bench to catch the over spill.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you’re in a rush this cake is just as yummy without the icing. Serve it with a dollop of fresh cream or just enjoy it on its own. Delicious!